Supporting Pupils with SEND
At Carleton Rode Primary School we recognise that every child is unique and special.
Within our rich and varied curriculum, every child is given opportunities and support, in a safe, caring environment, to facilitate their chances of reaching the highest possible standards. All staff are committed to meeting the needs of all our children and strive to break down any barriers that are preventing children from making the progress they are capable of. As a school, we recognise the importance of not only supporting children’s academic progress but also developing their behavioural, emotional and social skills to enable them to become confident, independent learners.
The following documents will give you more information in relation to SEND and how school and home can support children. If you have any concerns or wish to discuss SEND at our school, please do not hesitate to contact me.
L . Stimpson
Contact: 01953 789384 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Useful Web Resources
- Norfolk SEND Local Offer
- Education Health Care Plans (EHCPs)
- Norfolk Parent Partnership
- Norfolk Family Information Service
- Special Educational Needs and Disability Guide for Parents and Carers
- Council for Disabled Children
- Family Voice – for parents/carers of children with SEN
- Sibs – for brothers and sisters of disabled children and adults
- Carers Matter – for carers in Norfolk
- Young Carers
- Mental Health Resources
- Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service (CAMHS)
- Autism Anglia
- Nelsons Journey
- Dyslexia Outreach
Click the link below for useful books to support social and emotional development