Impact of the PE Premium sports grant
Our use of the PE premium provided to schools since 2013 is being used in the following ways;
- Employ a PE specialist to co-ordinate and lead the PE curriculum. This ensures all children receive high quality PE lessons and sports opportunities. Children in Reception have 1 PE session per week. Years 1 – 6 receive 2 sessions of PE per week. Weekly swimming is included within the curriculum for years 3 & 4 for the autumn and spring terms each year.
- Deliver a broad and balanced curriculum. This is structured to include regular intra house events and competitions. Activities taught link with the South Norfolk school sports partnership calendar of events.
- Provide a weekly afterschool sports club. There are no charges for this club. The activity offered changes each half term and over the course of the academic year will include opportunities for all year groups. A jigsaw partnership event based on the activity takes place each half term to provide progression and a competitive pathway.
- Contribute to the employment of a sports co-ordinator within the cluster. This role involves organising regular inter school festivals / competitions. This creates a structured competitive programme forming the following pathway; intra school opportunities, inter school cluster events, South Norfolk school games, Norfolk County Finals.
- All children are involved in competition at intra and inter school levels. All children represent their house regularly in intra school opportunities within PE lessons. All children attend at least 1 inter school event throughout the year, with many in key stage 2 attending at least 3 events. Since the introduction of the funding, teams/individuals have often progressed to the next level of competitions (South Norfolk games / County finals).
- Sports days; We believe competition is healthy and where appropriate use the school house system for intra house competitions. Sports day is based on this system involving a rotation of activities and sprint races. A jigsaw partnership sports day involving all children from both Kenninghall Primary and Carleton Rode Primary has been in introduced with success.
- Increase CPD opportunities for all staff. Teachers spend an amount of time observing/team teaching with the PE specialist to improve skills and knowledge. Courses provided by the schools sport partnerships are well attended by our staff. PE specialist leads specific inset to all staff at sets times during the year. Paid netball qualifications for parent volunteers to offer additional afterschool sports clubs.
- Equipment. Replenish and replace sports resources and equipment.